Updated: Dec 6, 2022
Check out our recipe for low country shrimp and grits!
1 Lb Lee Jackson Farms Shrimp
2-3 strips thick-cut bacon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 leeks, sliced into rings (whites)
2 tbsp. Cajun seafood seasoning
For the Grits:
1 cup coarse white or yellow grits
Fine sea salt
2-3 tbsp, unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
For the Chive Oil:
1 bunch chives blended w/ EVOO
1. Prepare grits according to package instructions. You may soak
grits overnight for a creamier consistency and/or cook slowly
and stir constantly while preparing the shrimp in the following
2. While grits are cooking, cook the bacon in a sauté pan. Rinse the
shrimp, pat dry and season with seafood seasoning. Once the
bacon is cooked, remove from the pan and chop into small bits.
5. Keeping the bacon fat in the pan, add the sliced leeks and cook
for several minutes until leeks are soft, over medium-high.
4. Add the shrimp to the pan along with two tablespoons butter.
After two minutes, add the garlic and flip the shrimp. Add
chopped tomatoes. After two minutes, stir to combine. When the
shrimp are pink and cooked through, remove from heat and add
the bacon bits.
5. Finish the grits with butter, salt and pepper. To plate, add grits to
a shallow bowl and top with the shrimp-bacon mixture. Drizzle
with chive oil and some chopped scallions.